- Will WWD reimburse our professional memberships again?
2. Alan has emailed club reps asking for tournament dates
Event schedule should be posted on WWD site
Remind organizers of saber events that they need to use the new timings and on guard lines
Dan will create the events in AskFred
3. Do we run JOs as a single long day at RCFC, or two days?
4. We will be using a “good for the entire season” waiver, but it only will apply to WWD members.
We will track who has signed in a spreadsheet.
We should probably make ~200 copies, that will probably cover everyone
5. WWD medals for the new season
Do we keep the same design/material?
We should order multiple years’ worth, only need for Championships in June
6. What is our official policy regarding borrowing WWD equipment? We have a request for Bladefest.
Equipment can be borrowed by anyone but they need to make a security deposit ($100) to cover missing/broken equipment upon return (by deadline)
We should make an inventory list to place in the box with the test kits
7. WWD scoring machines will not be sent in to be upgraded to the new timings – too old, limited usage
8. Should WWD kick in some cash to support vets going to Vet Worlds? Suggestion was to donate to fund coach travel.
9. Qualifiers – no refunds if the event isn’t fenced. This is because of the cost of keeping people on site.
Leon Auriol Open Planning
1. Event is on AskFred, Dan will start sending reminder emails
2. Need to confirm that SAS has at least 4 or 5 machines upgraded to the new timings
Checked with Kundry; the process is underway and is expected to be ready for the LAO.
Need at least 10 per day
Plan to fly in two: Lilov and Lenitsky
Tentative list: Garik, Adam, Alan, Kevin, Zoe, Justin, Lilov, Lenitsky, +2 TBD
Possible refs: Greg, Michael, Nikita, George
4. Trainer (Lucy) has been contacted, waiting to hear on availability
5. Need to contact Andy and/or Kyle M. about helping with armory
6. Who is planning on fencing (tentatively)?
7. Will we do armory pre-checks?
Leon medals; we have plenty
Remember, division championships are coming up soon! Full information is on AskFRED at https://askfred.net/Events/moreInfo.php?tournament_id=32450. As it says there, all fencers must pre-register on AskFRED by 11:59pm PDT on June 8th, 2016. Failure to do so will result in DOUBLE entry fees.
At noon on Sunday, 6/12, the annual division membership meeting will be held, including the election of next season’s board of directors. Please make sure to attend!
The following table lists all of the fencers who are already qualified for Y14 at Summer Nationals, and so don’t have to fence in the division qualifiers this weekend. Fencers who are flagged with an asterisk (*) are qualified through regional points only; they do not count as auto-qualified and so will take up a qualifying spot at division qualifiers should they fence and make the top 25%.
Fencers can qualify by being on the national Y14 points list by earning points at an SYC or NAC; by being on the top 16 of the national Y12 points list by earning points at an SYC or NAC; by being in the top 30% (any fraction rounded up) on the region 1 Y14 points list by earning points at one or more RYCs; or by finishing in the top 25% at the division qualifying tournament this weekend.
|Women's Epee:||Mallika Ketkar*
|Men's Epee:||Axel Li*
|Women's Foil:||Kira Seshaiah*
Elisabeth (Gracie) Kim
|Men's Foil:||Wesley Wong
The following fencers have qualified for division II (and III, if they are still rated D or below as of the registration deadline for Summer Nationals). Note that these fencers are not considered “automatic qualifiers” by the USFA, and so will take up a qualifying slot if they finish in the top 25% at division qualifiers. Thus, if you’re one of these fencers, please do *not* participate in the division qualifying tournament (in the same weapon, of course) in order to avoid depriving another fencer of the possibility of qualifying.
|Women's Epee:||Tzvetelina Dimitrova
|Men's Epee:||Isaac Dugaw
|Women's Foil:||Zoe Tolbert
|Men's Foil:||Benjamin Lee
|Women's Saber:||Erin Shea
The 2016 edition of the Battle in Seattle Division 1A ROC is coming soon!! Register now at AskFRED before fees go up on January 23rd!!
This year’s tee shirt design is pretty awesome, featuring Sasquatch and the Space Needle:
If you pre-order your shirt when you register, it’s only $15 — a bargain compared to the $35 many events charge these days!! Even at the door, it’s only $20.
Leon Auriol, who led the introduction of fencing in Western Washington and the entire Pacific Northwest, passed away on August 29th. He will be missed by all of us.
Welcome to the new WWD Website. We will be rebuilding this over the summer!